Legal & Change of Venue Surveys
When defending someone accused of a high-profile crime, you have to do everything in your power to ensure that defendant receives a fair trial. Normally, this involves showing that jury selection would be difficult due to the high awareness of the case in the surrounding community. This is where change of venue surveys prove their usefulness.
A statistically-correct random sample survey of public opinions and awareness can help determine whether a change of venue motion should be filed to ensure a defendant receives a fair trial.
The Jackson Group can provide:
- A questionnaire that can be customized for your particular case;
- Recommendations for sample size and target area for the survey project;
- Telephone methodology for obtaining survey responses(using an in-house call center);
- Reporting of the total results and results by demographic breakout group;
- A consultant’s commentary that can serve as an official document in a change of venue motion;
- Expert witness testimonial on the results of the survey.
Please contact The Jackson Group if you are interested in the Legal / Change of Venue survey service. You can reach us through the “Contact Us” link at the top of the page or through the contact telephone number on the right-hand side of this page.